We love the feeling of finding something spectacular at a price that's equally so. We call this feeling HomeGoods Happy—finding what you love at a price you adore. It's the feeling that drives everything we do, and it's why HomeGoods is where savvy shoppers of every style discover an ever changing selection of exciting top brands and home fashions from around the world, at prices generally 20%-60% below department and specialty store regular prices, on comparable merchandise, every day.
Style is never in short supply at our more than 500 HomeGoods stores and we are constantly on a mission to provide the little surprises and extra touches that make a house feel like home. Same with working here. Our environment is ever-changing, yet always encouraging. Every shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different.
Responsible for delivering a highly satisfied customer experience demonstrated by engaging and interacting with all customers, embodying customer experience principals and philosophy, and maintaining a clean and organized store environment. Adheres to all operational, merchandise, and loss prevention standards. May be cross-trained to work in multiple areas of the store in order to support the needs of the business.
- Role models established customer experience practices with internal and external customers
- Supports and embodies a positive store culture through honesty, integrity, and respect
- Accurately rings customer purchases/returns and counts change back to customer according to established operating procedures
- Promotes credit and loyalty programs during customer interactions
- Maintains and upholds merchandising philosophy and follows established merchandising procedures and standards
- Accurately processes and prepares merchandise for the sales floor following company procedures and standards
- Initiates and participates in store recovery as needed throughout the day
- Maintains all organizational, cleanliness, and recovery standards for the sales floor and participates in the maintenance/cleanliness of the entire store
- Provides and accepts ongoing recognition and constructive feedback
- Adheres to all labor laws, policies, and procedures
- Supports and participates in store shrink reduction goals and programs
- Participates in safety awareness and maintenance of a risk-free environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Possesses excellent customer service skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule to support business needs
- Possesses strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at one time
- Able to respond appropriately to changes in direction or unexpected situations
- Possesses strong communication skills
- Capable of lifting heavy objects with or without reasonable accommodation
- Works effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
- Retail customer experience preferred
At HomeGoods, we embrace the unknown—with new products, new challenges and new ways to make a house a home. Our products add little, special touches to customers' lives and our people do the same for each other. Everyone supports each other to Discover Different—here and throughout the entire TJX family, which includes TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Sierra, and Homesense.
Discover Different means we embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.